MODULE 3 - IMPLICATIONSWP8 - Integrated modelling for ecosystem services (SERVICES)
WP8 uses the information on ecosystem functioning to establish cause-effect relationships between stressors and ecosystem services. Thus, it provides objective tools for decision systems to evaluate the effects of planned management interventions and to help planners manage the river basin as a whole, taking decisions to counteract the effects of multiple stressors on ecosystem attributes such as ecological or chemical status.
The main tasks within WP8 are:
• Integrative statistical models for ecosystem services at the basin scale
• Integrative mechanistic models for ecosystem services at the river segment scale
• Assessment of implications of multiple stressors on biodiversity and human wellbeingWP Leader:
Vicenç Acuña (ICRA), email@example.com
WP9 – Methodology for socioeconomic management (SOCIOECON)
WP9 analyses the effects of water scarcity and multiple stressors on the socio-economic development of the case-study regions, in a case-study driven approach, following three-steps: socioeconomic-characterization, estimation of the percentage of cost-recovery of water uses, and development of the package of socio-economic measures to achieve good water status.
The main tasks within WP9 are:
• Development of an integrated methodology for the sustainable environmental and socioeconomic management of freshwater ecosystem services
• Assessment of the importance of freshwater ecosystem services to the economy and socio-economic development of the GARBs under the status quo
• Building socio-economic scenarios
• Assessment of the current levels of recovery of the costs of freshwater ecosystem services in GARB and development of the package of socioeconomic measures for achieving full-cost recovery in each GARB
• Economic assessment of Program of Measures (cost-effectiveness) and disproportional analysis to justify any derogations (Cost Benefit Analysis for each GARB)WP Leader:
Phoebe Kondouri (ATHENA), firstname.lastname@example.org
WP10 – Economic valuation of ecosystem services (VALUATION)
WP10 aims to assess the economic effects derived from the interaction of multiple stressors on aquatic ecosystems under water scarcity. This WP analyses how biophysical changes in ecosystems are affecting human wellbeing, taking into account the users’ perspective and valuation of ecosystem services. Participative workshops will be organised to validate this perspective.
The main tasks within WP10 are:
• Conceptual framework of the ecosystem services: Economical valuation of ecosystem services aligned with the TEEB initiative
• Preliminary valuation of ecosystem services
• Stakeholders workshop to elicit and validate preliminary values of ecosystem and to comments on scenario
• Questionnaire based survey (500 valid questionnaires): perception of ecosystem valuation, multi stressor interactions, testing PoMsWP Leader:
Phillipe Ker Rault (ALTERRA), email@example.com